WEBSITE SECURITY: Today, will be giving a brief about the Website Security. Why it is necessary to secure our website. To answer this question first We would like to let you know that what are the reasons, HOW website get hacked. With this sort of impact, it’s only natural that people are curious how websites keep getting hacked. We will tell you WHY? Websites get hacked because of three things:
- Access Control
- Software Vulnerabilities
- Third-Party Integrations
- Employ Defence in Depth Principles – layers like an onion.
- Leverage best practices like Least Privileged – not everyone needs administrative privileges.
- Place emphasis on how people access your website, leveraging things like Multi-Factor and Two-Factor Authentication.
- Protect yourself against the exploitation of software vulnerabilities through use of a website firewalls– focus on Known and Unknown Attacks.
- Backups are your friends – your safety net – try to have at least 60 days available.
- Register your website with Search Engines – Google and Bing have Webmaster Tools, leverage their infrastructure to tell you the health of your website.